Thursday, March 18, 2010

27 Years Already???

Today, my husband and I celebrate 27 years of wedded bliss.  Okay, they weren't all blissful.  Maybe there were 27 blissful days in there somewhere.  But we have kids.  You do the math.

Going into the 28th year, the lovey-dovey crap has been replaced with contentment (most of the time), and a great deal of security and comfort.  But the love is still there.  Even more than when we were young and giddy.  (I made that up.  We were never giddy.) 

As I say to my husband when I'm angry (okay, more accurately I scream it with veins bulging and arms flailing), "I'm sorry if I'm difficult to live with!  But I don't feel sorry for you-- you knew what you were getting into when you married me!!!"  For some reason, he claims to love me anyway.  And I feel the same about him.

There's nothing better in life than knowing your spouse will love you no matter what.  And I've put mine through a lot of  whats.  (I hope he knows that has nothing to do with how much I love him.) 

When he proposed to me waaaay back in 1982, it scared me to death.  Sure, I thought I wanted to be married more than anything.  But now it was real.  And it seemed he was going to stay down on that one knee until I gave him an answer.  My heart was pounding so loudly I couldn't hear myself think, but I must have said yes because here we are.

It was the best decision I ever made.


Then-
(Don't laugh; it was the '80s after all.)



And Now -
With Our Family (You know, the kids that took our bliss away)

Looking at this photo, I realize our bliss is still there, it just looks a little different.

2 comments:

JeanneLee said...

VERY sweet! Beautiful family.
DH and I will be celebrating out 27th in a little over 2 weeks!
Funny thing, I had this same background last year..I love palm trees.

Dianna said...

Love the pics! You look just like a model leaving the church with your Prince Charming!