Sunday, February 1, 2015

Hello Kitty Birthday Card

I have been a real slacker with my blog over the past year.  I'd like to say I promise to do better in 2015, but since it's February 1st already and this is my first post of the year, I think that ship has already sailed.  

If you think my blog has been neglected, my crafting supplies have hardly been touched.  So I'm digging into my photo archives to find something...anything...that I've created and haven't yet shared. 

This is a birthday card I made for my young niece last summer using the Cricut cartridge "Hello Kitty Font".   To make the card a little more fancy (at least in comparison to the basic rectangle I usually make), I decided to attempt a shaped card using Cricut Craft Room.  I used the shadow feature from the Hello Kitty image I had chosen and welded it onto a rectangle long enough to make the size card I wanted.  The best I could come up with was this semi-shaped card, to which I then glued the layered Hello Kitty image.  I added some glitter glue to the heart (what little girl doesn't like a little sparkle?) and stamped a sentiment in the corner. Simple, just the way I like it.

Thanks for looking! 





No comments: