Monday, February 9, 2015

Anniversary or Valentine card

With Valentine's Day less than a week away, I thought it was the right time to share this card.  It was actually the anniversary card I made my husband last year, but I never got around to posting it.  And since this year's valentine will most likely be finished just before dinner on Saturday, this was the only romantic valentine I had any hope of sharing before the holiday is over.

Creativity isn't really my thing and I'm ready to own that.  (I'm not sure how I ended up with a 10 ft. x 9 ft. room filled with enough paper products and embellishments to start my own scrapbook store, but here I am.)  At some point during my many, many trips around the www, the idea of using negative space to add dimension and texture to a project had been planted in my brain.  It seemed like something my husband would appreciate, so the seed took root and a card was born.

I cut strategically-placed hearts out of patterned paper using my Cricut Expression, then backed the openings with red corrugated paper that I had attempted to soften with gold paint.  The color didn't turn out quite like I had hoped, but with time running out I decided to adhere it to the solid card base before I could change my mind.  As a final touch, I cut a strip of patterned paper that contained the word "love" and stamped "31 years of" to complete the sentiment.  

(All those years of wedded "bliss" weren't easy to achieve, and I was going to acknowledge every last one.)



Thanks for visiting!

No comments: