Thursday, October 10, 2013

Scraplifted Halloween Card




 
 
Yes, I totally scraplifted this idea last year. 
 

 
I fell in love with Amy's card the minute I saw the little monsters peeking around the edges inside.  I had to make a few substitutions on my version, such as using an embossing plate to create the spiderweb background and replacing the twine embellishment with a spiderweb border (this was prior to my amassing a lifetime supply of baker's twine).  I couldn't find the stamps she used, but I found some little creatures I thought were cute and worked especially well for children's cards. And since I was too lazy to even come up with my own idea, it should surprise no one that I simply stamped my monsters in black ink and called it a day.
 
Amy has a great video tutorial on her blog if you'd like step-by-step instructions on how she created her card. 
 
Thanks for looking!
 

 
 


 
 


1 comment:

Dianna said...

So cute!! I remember seeing Amy's card and loving it! Your version is adorable, too! The embossed spiderweb looks great!