Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Hey, Dude

I'm starting to look like a dude.

I thought I hated it when I was called "ma'am", but I'm pretty sure the first time someone addresses me as "sir" will push me completely over the edge.

I've noticed a degree of masculinity creeping into my face and voice.  Even my body no longer has womanly contours.  And I seem to be developing a bad case of male-pattern baldness.  It's sad. Really, really sad.

Today my granddaughter came into the room and addressed me by her grandfather's name.  I corrected her, but she didn't even realize what she had done.  It just seemed so natural to her.

Old age sucks.  Becoming an old man isn't going to make it any easier.

2 comments:

ScrapCrazyyyy! said...

I am sure you are more beautiful than you think! You are awesome for taking such great care of your grandchildren! I'm sorry you have to do that, but think where they would be without you! Hugs!

Vanessa said...

How sweet of you to say that! Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving such nice comments!