Friday, October 12, 2012

Shared Passions

I think my husband wants to scrapbook.

To begin with, he seems to wander into my craft room on a regular basis.  I see the lust in his eyes.  And it isn't for me.  At first I thought he was just amazed at the sheer volume of stuff I have crammed into this tiny space.  But I'm starting to realize he's in awe of the possibilities of all these supplies.

Today I caught him rearranging a layout I had been working on.

I can't remember his exact words, so I'll paraphrase:  "I really like how you can use these design elements to showcase different aspects of the layout".  Yeah, that was stretching.  But he was having fun trying to use his artistic vision to better my scrapbook pages.  I found it annoying.

I enjoy playing tennis with my husband.  I even tolerate skiing with him when he's willing to stay on the green trails.  Lounging by the pool (or beach) together is Heaven.  But in my little 8x10 craft room, I prefer to work alone.

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

Too funny! I can relate! Hubby has started using some of my crafting tools in his woodworking or mechanical projects! He's become a fan of my Cricut Design Studio software to make templates for his truck or tractor using basic shapes to create arcs, rectangles, etc. to fabricate add on parts, etc. He's also used my ink brayer and hole punches. I always have to remember to track down my supplies so they don't get forever lost in his woodshop! I too prefer to work alone in my little craft room. It's my sanctuary! Have a great weekend! ~Vanessa (Southern Cricut Lady)