Sunday, October 10, 2010

Just Because Martha Made It...

... doesn't mean:

I must buy it;

I must make one just like it;

I'm worthless if mine doesn't look or taste as good as hers.

I've been watching Martha Stewart's show a lot lately, and I've got to admit the woman's got it going on!  But I don't have her life, her money, her energy, her creativity, her staff, her many, many gorgeous homes, or her self-esteem.  I need to find a way to be okay with that.

Perhaps I'll create an empire where I:

show others how to discard plants that died of neglect;

dress in a way that hides clothing stains rather than waste time removing them;

put together a craft so that it looks like a preschooler made it;

cook a meal so that no one will ask for the recipe;

teach others how to put down throw rugs so there will be a place in every room to wipe the crumbs from your feet;

hire a contractor to enlarge your home when disorganized clutter takes over every inch of the current square footage;

entertain others in your home to ensure that all future dinner parties will be hosted by them;

and by doing all the above, save your sanity.

Love you, Martha!

1 comment:

Staci said...

I think you are a little wiser than Martha!!!