Saturday, August 25, 2012

Birthday Card for 10-year-old Girl



 
 
I drew a complete blank trying to design a card for my 10-year-old granddaughter's birthday (nothing new there).  Ten is such a transitional age, stuck somewhere between princess dolls and boyfriends.  I pulled out one of my favorite Cricut cartridges, Paisley, because I knew I could find something cute and girly, but not too babyish for a girl about to start her final year of elementary school.  This little frog "jumped" out at me.  I used mushroom-patterned paper from a Heidi Grace pad for the background and glitter cardstock for the frog's shadow (a little bling never hurt anybody). I added sparkly trim and a flower brad.  Done.
 
It was simple and quick and finished on time.  She "ooh"ed and "aah"ed over it and that's what keeps me crafting.


1 comment:

Dianna said...

Love the card! How great that you picked a frog considering our lake adventures and my subsequent card for her. (I'm assuming you did this before the lake trip.)