Saturday, January 4, 2014

Man vs. Woman

I woke up feeling sick yesterday morning, and today I'm feeling even worse.  In the ensuing 30+ hours I've completed 7 loads of laundry, loaded and emptied the dishwasher, shopped for groceries and, when I realized the only thing I felt like eating today was soup, I chopped up a whole bunch of potatoes, onion, celery and ham and made myself ham and potato soup.  In a few minutes I'll start repackaging the economy-sized meats I purchased yesterday so I can freeze them.  And I'll wash the pots and pans I used earlier to make the soup.  Then I'll start dinner.

My husband woke up sick this morning.  He spent the first few hours lying on the sofa watching movies.  When that got to be too much for him he announced he was going back to bed, which is where he is still.  Oh, and he did manage to eat a bowl of my homemade soup before going to sleep.

Who says women are the weaker sex?

1 comment:

Dianna said...

Yep. Sounds familiar. I'm surprised you even got any of your soup (which sounds yummy). Hope you feel better soon!