Friday, September 6, 2013

Welcome, Sweet Pea

 
 
My daughter, along with her husband and young son, recently welcomed a daughter into the family.  I was so blessed to be asked to be there during such a special time, but since I was staying for ten days after the birth I was a little late getting the congratulatory card to the family.  (Yes, another more punctual person would have prepared it sometime during the nine months prior, but that isn't who I am.)
 
I used the Cricut cartridge New Arrival for the pea pod baby and the words "Sweet Pea".  I used a tiny flower with a liquid pearl center to adorn the baby's head (she's a dainty little girl, after all).  The name was created with the font from Cricut's Baby Steps cartridge.  I used a Martha Stewart border punch to create the lacy strip at the bottom, and then layered some washi tape onto it before adhering the name.
 
Please allow me to introduce baby Adaleigh, who looks so very much like her mother did many years ago:
 
 
 
Needless to say, we have all fallen madly in love with her.
 
Thanks for looking!
 
 


1 comment:

ScrapCrazyyyy! said...

Beautiful card, beautiful baby!