Friday, March 16, 2012

Monkey Card for My New Grandson



I'm posting this in an attempt to get a jump on next Valentine's Day.  Okay, okay...I'm late posting for 2012.

Wanting to stake my claim as the favorite grandmother, or at least to make him think I have some redeeming value (unlike the opinion of the two granddaughters who live with me), I made this Valentine card for my brand new grandson. 

Once I learned my daughter would be having a boy, it seemed like the perfect excuse to buy the Cricut Lite cartridge B is for Boy.  The sock monkey alone is worth the price!  I also used it as an excuse to buy the Sugar and Spice cartridge and a few other unrelated items.  Don't judge me...

I used the Cuttlebug embossing folder Heart Blocks for the white background.  I cut the Love image from B is for Boy, then added glitter to the letters.  I added flocking to the monkey's body and hat.  Then I decided he needed googly eyes.  (Twelve-day-old babies really notice the details.)

I'm not sure my grandson even knows I'm alive, but my daughter said she and her husband really enjoyed the card.

3 comments:

Carolyn/MamaC said...

What a fun post! Such a cute card!
Carolyn
http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com

Dianna said...

So cute! I missed the googly eyes at first, but I'm sure that's the first thing he noticed.

Anonymous said...

This is so cute! Love all the details. That flocking is nice stuff - need to get my hands on some! Adorable card! ~Vanessa