Sunday, April 24, 2011

He Did It For Me...and For You

Romans 5:8 - But God demonstrates His own love for us in this:  While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

I love Christmas.  Family gatherings, good food, watching children's faces light up as they open gifts, it's truly a special time.  And in the midst of it all, I enjoy attending the Christmas Eve service at church.  After all the hustle and bustle of the holiday season, it's wonderful to relax and remember the reason for our celebration:  the birth of Jesus Christ.

But the holiday that touches my heart more than any other is Easter.  To know that Jesus offered Himself as a sacrifice to atone for my sins is more humbling than I can express.  I've struggled with this my entire life.  What makes me so special?  And how do I live with the guilt?  But God doesn't command us to comprehend this; He only requires us to believe and accept this precious gift. 

I find it hard to speak to others about my relationship with my Savior.  It has nothing to do with being ashamed of Him.  It has everything to do with being ashamed of me.  After all, I'm not the best representative for someone so holy.  I have failed Him in so many ways.  But He gave me the gift of everlasting life.  And all I had to do was reach out and take it.  The least I can do is let others know that the gift can be theirs, too. 

May God bless you this Easter Sunday and every day.

No comments: